Friday, February 21, 2014

Review ~ Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

 Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Blurb: Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.

 My rating:  5 out of 5 stars


I was hesitant to start Ignite Me because every other trilogy that I have read recently fell flat in the last book.  Shatter Me and Unravel Me were so amazing, I just did not want to be let down.  But after reading it, all I have to say is this book was totally freaking AWESOME! I could not put it down!

 Juliette finally toughens up and became this tough and independent girl who will not let anything or anyone get in her way.  It was quite a turn-around from her poor me attitude in the previous two books.

I saw a different side of Adam in this book, and I must say, he really became a jerk. The Adam I totally fell in love with in Shatter Me has disappeared and in his place is a very cold and bitter individual. Juliette had come to the conclusion that he preferred her weak and dependant on him, and the new and improved Juliette has no need for that foolishness.

Kenji will always be my favorite character.  The friendship that he and Juliette have is totally amazing.  He is not afraid to speak his mind, and when he does, he is so witty and humorous. I really wish I had a Kenji as a best friend....someone to tell me like it is, always have my back and add humor to every situation.

And then there is Warner.  In the beginning, Warner was not my favorite.  Then when reading Unravel Me, I started to really warm up to him.  And then with Ignite Me, we get to see a whole different side of him that is both heartbreaking and heartwarming.  The years of abuse from his absolutely wretched father broke my heart, but you get better understanding of his actions.  There were times when I just wanted to reach into the pages and give that boy a hug.

The whole series is by far my favorite that I have read this year.  Ms. Mafi's writing is so beautiful and captivating.  I loved the ending, but I am so sad that this story had to come to an end.  I really look forward to see what comes out in the future from this brilliant author.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment